Of the four church organizations established in Freedom New Hampshire, this is the only one that has survived to the 21st. century. The church was founded in 1858 by local residents. They met in member homes until after the Civil War. In 1867 a congregation of 75 members had the present church building constructed. The two Fellowship Halls were added in 1978 and 1987.
For more than 150 years this church has been serving the seasonal and year-round residents of the Freedom area. We are an independent church that is not affiliated with any denomination. Our doors are open to all who seek to have a living relationship with God. Our services are much like those of traditional New England Methodists and Congregational churches. Our order of service is simple and basic. It concentrates on prayer, scripture, music and a message from our pastor that is relevant to daily living.
Our minister and lay leadership are dedicated to maintaining a friendly and active church facility to serve both members and the community. We welcome participation by all who are willing to serve. Much of our strength comes from participation of those who are new to the area and want to be part of the community.
Our music and Christian education programs are strong. We have a wonderful time worshiping, learning, singing and socializing on a Sunday morning. Every Sunday morning is an opportunity to remember and thank God for how good life is in our small town!